POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Hardcore povrayer test : Re: Enhanced hardcore povrayer test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enhanced hardcore povrayer test
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 21 Jun 1999 10:50:20
Message: <376E51BC.C6161038@inapg.inra.fr>
Glen Berry wrote:

> Does the "hardcore povrayer test" count for much? Should we care?
>
> I think it makes for some interesting trivia, but shouldn't be thought
> of as some sort of important judgement on any POV-User's worth or
> merit as an artist, craftsman, or human being.
>
> Later,
> Glen Berry

I support that opinion, and not only because I don't seem to get more than 10
(of course it's hard to resist to such a test because it's fun)...
Let's try to imagine such a test in the late 1880... The hardcore oil-painter
test... with questions like :
- do you know all the chemical formulas of all the pigments you use ?
- can you build a weaving machine so that you can make your own canvas ?
- what's the ideal growing temperature for linseed, so that you can grow some in
your backyard and crush the seed to make your own oil ?
- the thermodynamics of sunsets are a piece of cake
- can you tell the names of the ten Parisian brothels where you can sit down,
drink absinth and find cheap models and inspiration ?
- what's the average WHR (waist-to-hip ratio) of the brothel employees ?
- what's the average permanency of eosine ?
- what are the scientific name of sunflowers and irises ?
- do you hunt minks and wild boars to take their hair and make your own brushes
?
- do you have your two earlobes ?
- have you ever sold any painting ?

G.